What We Do
Since the landmark judgment of the Supreme Court in 2003, ADR along with the National Election Watch, has conducted Election Watches for the 2004, 2009 and 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, Rajya Sabha Elections and almost all State Assembly Elections post 2003 in the country.
Election Watch comprises background reports based on Criminal, Financial, Educational and Income Tax details of Candidates and Winners (MPs, MLAs and Ministers) who have contested Elections to State Assemblies, the Parliament and a few local bodies. We have taken a step ahead and included analysis on the increasing assets of our politicians as well as an analysis of Expenses incurred during Elections by candidates, in order to provide a holistic picture. In some states, the Election Watch program has analysed the performance of assemblies based on selected parameters.
For more information, visit Election Watch Report
Political parties function as the key link between the people and their representatives, and thus they must adhere to democratic norms and transparency in their structure and working. ADR has been making several efforts to bring greater transparency and accountability in the functioning of political parties.
Political Party Watch comprises analysis of Donations above Rs 20,000 that are received by Political Parties (National & Regional) and the Income Tax Returns filed by them, consistent with our belief that information relating to political parties must be in the public domain. In order to authenticate our analysis, scanned copies of Income Tax Returns of various political parties (national, regional and unrecognised parties) and RTIs that we file are also available here.
For more information visit Political Party Watch
"MY NETA SMS" Campaign
Citizens can now easily access complete information on criminal records, assets, liabilities and educational qualifications of their contesting candidates along with the elected ones through a SMS by specifying their constituency name or the pincode of their location.
- During elections in particular state, voters of that state will get information on criminal, financial and educational qualifications of the contesting candidates.
- During non-election period, citizens will be able to access complete background information of sitting MP and MLA of their area.
Getting information using SMS
Option 1:- SMS MYNETA <constituency name> to 9246556070 or 56070
Option 2:- SMS MYNETA <pincode> to 9246556070 or 56070SMS charges: Normal SMS charges applicable on 9246556070 and 56070
Incorrect SMS Text
MY NETA 110016 or MY_NETA 110016
Wrong or unavailable pincode in SMS Text
Wrong or unavailable constituency name
- NEW will send 3 messages a week starting immediately till elections. The messages will contain fact based information
Toll Free Helpline
- Toll-free No.: 1-800-110-440
- Day/Hours of operation: Mon-Fri (10am – 6pm)
- Information given: Criminal records, Assets, Liabilities and Education Qualifications.
- Source of Information: Candidate information given in affidavits.
- Initially the information based on earlier affidavits only will be provided. New information based on current affidavits will also be provided as and when it becomes available (usually about 7-8 days before the election dates).
We believe legal advocacy for Political and Electoral Reforms is as essential as any other research. Our commitment to this sphere has resulted in us filing numerous complaints and PILs with Central Information Commission, Supreme Court/ High Court as well as other Central and State agencies. This section documents all details of previous and ongoing RTI disclosures and PILs.
For more information visit PILs and RTI disclosures