1) Impact of Black Money in Elections and Political Activities
This paper analyses the influence of black money in elections and politics and vice versa in the context of several recent far reaching judgments of the Supreme Court and the Central Information Commission (CIC).
2) Indian Politics and the issue of Conflict of Interest
This paper analyses the lacunae in law regarding conflict of interest for MPs in India. It also draws comparisons with laws in countries like the UK, USA, Canada and Australia on conflict of interest. It is hoped that the laws regarding conflict of interest are strengthened for greater disclosure and stricter penalty in case of the abuse of office.
A Case Study
3) Additional views of ADR/NEW on Political Finance and the 255th Report of the Law Commission of India
On 22nd April 2015, ADR/NEW made a submission “Additional views of ADR/NEW on Political Finance and the 255th Report of the Law Commission of India” to the Election Commission of India.
22nd April 2015
4) ADR Submits Recommendations to SIT on Black Money.
Circulation of Unaccounted Money in Activities Related to Electoral Process
12th December 2014
5) ADR and NEW's Recommendations for Electoral and Political Reforms.
6) Political Parties Draft Bill 2011.
The enclosed bill was drafted by a committee Chaired by Justice M.N. Venkatachaliah, former Chief Justice of India. The other members of the committee included Mr. Sudhish Pai, Advocate, Sri Kuriya Chamayya, former Law Secretary, Karnataka, Mr. Arakere Jayaram, Journalist, Sri B. Somashekara, former Minister, and Prof Trilochan Sastry, founder ADR.
Date of Issue
ADR finds mention on pages (vii) and Pages 350, 351, 357, 359 and Pages 364 to 382. Chapter 13 (Page 340 onwards) of the report regarding Electoral Reforms is dedicated to ADR's reports and concerns.
23rd January 2013