11th ANNUAL NATIONAL CONFERENCE
‘ELECTORAL & POLITICAL REFORMS’
Organized by West Bengal Election Watch (NEW) & Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR)
Date:21st and 22nd March 2015
Venue: Ramakrishna Institute of Culture, Golpark, Kolkata, West Bengal
This year, the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) and National Election Watch (NEW) organized their National Conference in Kolkata, West Bengal with the primary focus on Electoral and Political reforms. The Conference was held with the aim of bringing together and synergizing efforts towards strengthening democracy in our country.
Topics of discussion during the 11th National Conference ranged from ‘Making flow of money in politics transparent: A case for good governance’, ‘Time to build a functional democracy: Empowering local body institutions’ to ‘Media neutrality and its significance in democracy’. These discussions were enriched by the participation of eminent people including the Chief Election Commissioner H. S. Brahma, representatives of political parties, civil society and the media.
The Chief Election Commissioner, Shri H. S. Brahma inaugurated the Conference. Representatives of the National Election Watch from each state chapter, members of political parties, government institutions and media were present to deliberate on issues related to electoral and political reform in the country. The National Conference was an opportunity for us to add impetus and synergy to our work by bringing together all stakeholders. Their participation and inputs were instrumental in making the Conference a success.
Below is the list of documents which were distributed to the participants during the 11th Annual National Conference
- Analysis of Criminal Background, Financial, Education, Gender and other details of MPs and MLAs of West Bengal
- Analysis of Election Expenditure of Major Political Parties of West Bengal - Lok Sabha 2014
- Comparison of Donations Received by Major Political Parties of West Bengal – FY 2012-13 & 2013-14
- ADR's Legal interventions
- Political Parties under RTI Act
- Time to Build a Functional Democracy: Empowering Local Body Institutions English, Hindi
- Making flow of money in politics transparent: a case for good governance English, Hindi
- Need to enhance transparency and accountability in political parties English, Hindi
- Media Neutrality and its Significance in Democracy English, Hindi